Monday, February 21, 2011

Vona and transfer puppy news

Sorry it's been a while, between Vona and School I've been super busy.
Vona came for a puppysit last week for three days, I wanted it to be longer but homework has it's own ideas. Vona is a great puppy! I had her for a couple of hours back in december for a guide dogs event, but hadn't spend any real time with her before. She and Tazzi got along really well, I really need to put in that race track in the backyard the grass would thank me. I swear the weather can tell when I'm going to have a puppysit because the worst weather in weeks will hit when I do, this time it was wet, it took me 5 minutes per dog with a towel to get them in a state that they could come back in. Vona even got a rinse down before she went back to her raiser because the towel couldn't get everything. Von is a quirky little girl, she LOVES men, she went crazy with delight every time she saw my brother, and would sneak closer to the guys near us in class. I can't wait until she comes again!

I've gotten the offer to raise the sister of Kashi and Karma. I've accepted her unless a puppy more suited to my life comes available. Through my amazing deductive powers I discovered that her name might be Kai.  She'll be 4 months old which is a bit younger than I would prefer, but next term I think I'm going to have only one class on Monday and Wednesday so she'll have a short day, and mom is going to be home Tuesday, Thursday so she can stay home on my longer days.
Here are some pictures of Kashi and Karma's litter http://www.flickr.com/photos/guidedogsfortheblind/sets/72157625677774683/

Right now I'm leaving it at she's a possibility, but I won't call her (or any other puppy) my puppy until their actually in my house. I've learned my lesson about being overly hopeful, but I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment