Saturday, February 12, 2011

No Tisha After All

I got a call from Bethany yesterday that I won't be getting Tisha after all. Tisha was pretty much a disaster at her evaluation, she had a hard time settling down when her handler was seated (I knew she was having some problem with that already, but I didn't think to much about it because it didn't sound too bad and she's only 5 months old), she could barely walk on leash, and worst of all she kept growling at the CFR (Community Field Representative) when she was doing some basic puppy handling. I take a tiny bit of comfort that Deana (our CFR) wouldn't place Tisha even with the most experienced puppy raiser at this point.
        I'm devastated. I tried not to show it when I was on the phone with Bethany because I know she's doing all she can and it's never fun to give someone bad news. It's hard because we were down to a week left, I was starting to think things like "This time next week Tisha and I will be...", and I've been so excited to finally be raising a puppy of my own. Bethany and Deana are doing all they can to find me another puppy for which I'm so grateful, but it took six months to find Tisha. Sorry, I don't feel super optimistic at the moment.
In the meantime I'll be doing a lot more puppysits.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you aren't getting Tisha. Even though I know it's for a good reason, I would not be optimistic right now either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It stinks to be disappointed. It stinks even more to be so close and now feel so far.

    "Love you" doesn't fix anything. But I do love you.

    ReplyDelete