Saturday, February 5, 2011

Too Much Homework

When I have too many things to do I seem to go to never never land. This time re-looking up FC Barcelona  and learning a bit more (as in anything) about the Portland Timbers. I seem to be on a soccer kick (pardon the pun) again, it seems to happen every 6 months or so.  I've been following the careers of two fellows, Ricky Rubio (not actually a soccer player, but he does play for FC Barcelona) and Bojan Krkic, ever since the 2008 Olympics. I think I follow their careers because in someways I can relate to them, specifically being around my age and trying to balance school and sport. I know many other people do the same thing, but they don't have as many articles written about them.

 Back when I was fencing that was a constant theme in my life, how to go to practice and get my homework done, and most teachers give you a very funny look when you say you have to miss class for a fencing tournament. I swear no one ever thinks competitive fencing exists or if they do they think the athletes show up a the Olympics with out doing any other tournaments. And the first thing anyone says when you say you fence is either "oh really" with a vacant expression, or "oh thats that thing with the swords right?", or worst of all "oh, like Mariel Zagunis!" sounding so proud of themselves. I have nothing against Mariel Zagunis, but I don't fence the same weapon as her, and it reduces a large and multifaceted sport down to a single person. You wouldn't describe soccer as David Beckham, would you?

In Puppy News: Tazzi and I managed to have a walk in the park with out any unpleasant greetings, mostly because he didn't get the chance to great any dogs. I think I need someone else to observe his behavior when we meet other dogs, I'm busy trying to make sure nothing happens. I don't think he would actually make contact with the other dog, but it would be terrible if I was wrong. But he's still a sweetie, and better than that he's my sweetie.
And Tisha comes in just over two weeks!

Also a week or so ago I mentioned I felt awful, well that's pretty much gone now. The acid reducers seem to have worked after all, which means it probably was an ulcer in my duodenum or elsewhere in the upper GI tract (sorry about all the jargon, mums in nursing school now and she seems to be rubbing off). Anyway, I'm quite glad that ordeal is over.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know your health has improved. I hope it stays good.

    Best wishes
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete