Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Kelsa is Being Transferred

Well, the time has finally come. We have tried everything we could think of to fix Kelsa's relieving and I have carried out the ideas to the letter, but it hasn't worked, she's still having accidents. While I am very disappointed that I couldn't fix it I know, my ego is taking a bit longer to catch up, that I did everything I could and everything that was asked of me.
I have a couple ideas of what might be going on. One; She has gotten in a habit of having accident's in my neighborhood or with me. Two; She having accidents because she's so stressed when she goes on walks. That could possibly be a self reenforcing cycle, she gets stressed, she has an accident, she gets corrected, she gets more stressed. I've been giving her food for walking comfortably with mixed success. Or three; She's just a bit different biologically from other dogs and physically unable to not relieve when on walks. While it's possible it's the least likely of the three. The one that I think is closest to correct is the second although the first is a strong contender too, which means there's still a chance she could become a guide. All I can do is see what happens.
I found out this morning that Kelsa will probably be leaving in 2 to 7 days. In the mean time I'm going to keep going with all the training we've been doing, like trying to get her to poop three times a day and food protocol on walks, and spoil her as much as I can. And I've been taking lots of pictures of her.
I submitted one of my pictures of Delphine to the Guide Dogs 2012 calendar contest and it got in! So I've been trying to get pictures of Kelsa to submit to next years calendar.






Delphine is second from the bottom on the far left.


One toy is never enough



I love that cocked head!






She is a champion sleeper


My favorite doggy portrait

While I was writing this I got a call from my leader, it actually more of an extended evaluation than a transfer. If her reliving problems aren't getting better in a few months she'll be Career Changed. I also found out that she will either be leaving tomorrow or Saturday. I think I'm going to be skipping yoga to go take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment