Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fun Day

Every year Guide Dogs puts on a party to thanks to the puppy raisers and it's called Fun Day. Fun Day is actually two parties, one at the California campus and one at the Oregon campus. Fun Day is an apt name as it is always so much fun! It also has a theme for each year, last year was western, this year was 50's. It really hard to find 50's style dog costumes so I had to get creative. Some people managed to find one though as I saw a couple walking around. Vona was one of them! I was so happy to see Vona, she was transferred from my club 5 or 6 months ago. At first I didn't recognize her, but as soon as I said hi she recognized me. I just love getting rapturous greetings!

Speaking of seeing a puppy that I hadn't seen in a while, Jill, Tabetha's raiser got to spend the day with Tabetha and by proxy I got to spend the day with Tabetha. Tabetha went back for formal training at the beginning of July (I think) and is probably going to be a breeder. She is getting the final health and temperament testing in California now. She's as sweet and funny as always and she was very happy to play with her best friend Zuni. Zuni and Tabetha are the same age and very close in color so I keep mistaking them for siblings.
Tabetha put herself in the crate for some reason

Still as cute as the day she arrived

Play time! Shh, don't tell.
So cute!

Hey Zuni...



Look in the same direction? No thanks.


Goofy, and adoreable Zuni


We're done with pictures; it's playtime again!


Kelsa was not impressed with having to sit on the side lines.
Tabetha
Tabetha cuddling with her raiser

This would have been so cute if only Tabetha hadn't just finished licking her lips!
Zuni also had to stay at campus because it was his recall day. He is going to make a fabulous guide. I got the privilege of taking a family portrait before he left.



We had a poster of all our current puppies up at our booth, I'm so proud that 5 out of the 9 pictures are ones I took! I can't say just how grateful I feel that people think my pictures are that good, good enough to hang in public and put in their scrap books!
The middle picture on the top row, the entire second row, and the middle picture on the bottom row are mine.
I also got to meet one of Kelsa's littermates, Kai, who is being raised in the area and I know his raiser. He's a very handsome boy. He looks most like Kashi and any of the other puppies I know.
Kai on the left and Kelsa on the right.
It was a great day! I got to see and talk about puppies all day.






No comments:

Post a Comment