Saturday, April 9, 2011

Doggy update

Hey there everyone, I was so glad to read that I am actually writing to everyone! Sorry about taking two weeks to update this again.
Where to start for this weeks update? Humm, well, I learned that Tazzi does not play well with others. We were walking at the park when an off leash dog, the disk golf people never leash their dogs, came barreling toward us. I think it just wanted to play, but I know Tazzi doesn't do well meeting dogs on leash, so I took him off leash thinking that since he could move freely he would be more relaxed...I was wrong. He launched himself and broadsided that dog, thank god no blood was spilt even though that seemed to be Tazzi's intention. I'm out of ideas as to what to do to deal with his dog problem except to have him work with a behavioralist, which means I need a job because family funds can't stretch that far.
In puppy news: Kelsa is driving me crazy! I take that back, Kelsa's BEHAVIOR is driving me crazy! Kelsa is a great puppy whom I love very much. I don't love her being unable to make the walk to the bus stop with out pooping. I don't love her picking up everything in sight outside and ignoring me when I tell her not to. I don't love her having to get a ton of corrections on walks. I don't love her fear of traffic. And I really don't love her going between my legs and trying to go back the way we came on walks, tripping over a puppy is not something I have on my daily to do list.
I have to keep telling myself that she isn't having any more problems than any other puppy her age and she will grow out of at least the garbage mouthing and fear of traffic, but that doesn't make it any easier right now. Two good things about her behavior this week are that, she hasn't had an accident since the walk to school on Monday, and she's mouthing less for the most part.

Oh and Kelsa's taller! Not much taller, but it's cool to watch her grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment