Friday, April 22, 2011

Perfect Day

Today has been just about a perfect day. 
It started with the puppies sleeping together.
I'm really impressed at how Tazzi's taken to having Kelsa around. He still doesn't like having to share attention, but he loves playing with her. He's become so much more tolerant since she first arrived, the other day I looked over and she was standing over him with all four's playfully biting at his head, he just laid there ignoring her. A month ago he would growl at her if she just looked at him funny.
My baby is so handsome. I don't spoil him enough.
Kelsa actually laid down with out help for her breakfast this morning!!!! This is a major break through for her as she is 5 months old and still doesn't know down. Of course it was too much to ask that she do it again at dinner. She also relieved #1 and 2 for me on pavement. I've been lax about having her do that recently. Kels also got her first walk on a flexi-lead in the "far back". The far back is a quarter mile stretch of green space behind our house, it's supposed to become a road someday but luckily for us the city hasn't had the money to build it yet. Tazzi also got a 50 minute walk today.

I'm getting irritated at the USDA My Pyramid Tracker website, it's designed to help people track how good their nutrition is and how much exercise their getting. I have to use it for my fitness class. The problem is that it doesn't have enough options when you pick out what your eating, for instance, I had sloppy joes for dinner so I select that in their options, but it doesn't include the 20% ground beef I used. Now I suppose this is my own fault for not just entering each ingredient individually, but thats more work. I also don't like that they want you to enter what you did every minute of the day, I don't have time or brain space to notice every single thing I do much less to time it. So I just enter the big things, like cleaning the house, or walking the dog. 
Oh, and the fat free cook books I put on hold at the library finally came in, I can now cook food that I can eat with confidences...mostly.
Mt. Hood showed it's gorgeous face today while I was walking Tazzi.
Here's a news section that I'm thinking of adding. Tell me if you like it.
A couple snapshots in words from today:
* Checking for the hundredth time to see if Kelsa's last baby canine tooth has fallen out yet.
* Chatting with my brother (something that doesn't happen as often as it should)
* Trying to memorize 4 more digits of Pi. I've already got 3.14159
* Having Kelsa and kitty on my lap at the same time
* Hugging Tazzi and telling him how great he is
* Sitting on the couch reading a Foxtrot comic book

1 comment:

  1. Fun short tidbits!

    Cool that Kelsa and Tahoi are getting along so well. He just needed to learn a bit more about how to be a dog.

    ReplyDelete