Friday, March 25, 2011

Restocking and Good Food

First of all, I would like to ask you to leave me a comment if your reading my blog. I just want to know if anyone is reading it anymore, I feel a bit silly talking to myself.

Anyway, we've been stocking up again as we ran out of just about everything over last term. as of this afternoon we had 100 pounds of sugar. Mom was almost out of her favorite sugar which is fair trade, unbleached evaporated cane sugar that she can only get from a co-op who's deliveries are usually on a day she can't come. So were stocked for the next year. We also have 10 pounds of rice, 6 bags of quinoa, a gallon of Dr. Bronner's soap, 2 gallons of stain remover (new puppy and all), 40 pounds of cat litter, and 76 pounds of dog food.
Last night I made the most amazing dinner! I think it should be added to the Mt. Olympus cafeteria menu. It was Asian Chicken Noodle Soup from Off the Shelf by Donna Hay. The only change I made was using rice noodles instead of egg noodles. But in the future I would use a bit less chicken, make more broth, and let it sit for 2 hours to let the noodles really soak up the flavor. oh and did I mention it too at most 20 minutes to make! I am definitely going to be using that book again.

In Puppy News: Kelsa is settling in well, she went with me to run in and out of the library, petsmart, and a yarn store. She was great! She also went on a walk with me and Tazzi today; I took both of them because when we went traffic watching yesterday she seem much happier having him around. Today she was much happier walking with Taz but I wasn't, the dogs kept getting tangled up and tripping me, and Kelsa was driving Tazzi crazy by trying to play, trying to rub her head collar off on him and once she even walked through his legs. Taz bore it with good grace, but he was much happier when he got  a walk on his own later. Kelsa also had an individual walk around the block later, and was much more comfortable and relaxed then on the first one we took on Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. I'm reading! And I must say I quite enjoy it. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. By reading I get another point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the puppy training is going okay. It looks like fun but also lots of work, much like having a 3 year old human. lol

    Best wishes
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete