Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy hippy child: Air drying clothes indoors


First of all, sorry for the mostly empty drying rack, I only thought to write about writing this post after I put my clothes away.

Right now here in the Northeast it is cold, like really cold. Not as cold as other places for sure, but definitely enough that the heat is on all the time, so why not make it do double duty? At first I was on the fence about air drying versus putting my clothes in the dryer, would they dry as fast? Was it really saving energy if I had to turn my heater up? Would my clothes feel all crinkly? Despite these misgivings I gave it a shot anyway. I was joyfully surprised, my clothes were dry in less than a day and they were not as soft as coming out of the dryer, but not uncomfortable either. I still don't know for sure if it counts as eco friendly if I have to turn my heat up a bit, but I'm going to go with yes because I get two services for roughly the same amount of energy. And if my room has to be a sauna for a few hours there are worse things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment