Monday, June 3, 2013

Running: Color Me Rad Race Recap

Okay, maybe calling it a race isn't quite right, let's call it a fun run since it was incredibly fun! So Color Me Rad is a 5k run where volunteers cover you with a different color at each kilometer. It's like the Color Run, but actually fits my schedule (I'm in NY for the Portland one, and in Portland for the NY one). Anyway, it was delightful! Weather was perfect (high 60F?) not too hot or cold, many people were in cool costumes, and of course there was color everywhere.

This is the first time I ran with a team and I can definitely recommend it- it's nice to have people to get pumped with.
The team nice and clean before the run
And now nice and colorful
I managed to run much more than I expected. I've been unable to run since march because my Gallbladder has been ornery so I expected to be slogging along the whole way only being able to run a few yards at a time. In reality I ran over half of the way including running most of the steepest hill. Go me! And I was mostly not in pain which was amazing.
Sporting some rad temporary tattoos

I also got to get crafty for this run. They suggest you have a white shirt for the run so you can see all the colors you're covered in. The only white shirt we had in the house (I'm too cheap to go out and buy one) was two sizes too large. Enter scissors to do their magic and as you can see the result is pretty cool. I only recently managed to allow myself to modify any piece of clothing, now I may not be able to stop.
The splatters of victory
Race/organized run number three completed. Next up is the Electric Run in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment