Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cooking: Caroline's Brownie GORP

Well it's actually warm here for once which means it's running early or late in the day season. This time I succeeded in running early- before 10 am actually! This is momentous for me since I an not, repeat not, a morning person (although my roommate this past year may disagree, but the only time things are quite at college is before 9 am). I get up early, but don't count as functional until much later.
This run was special for another reason too, it was the first time I'd run with Tazzi since I got home.
Why are you stopping to take pictures? We're here to run!

While I love running with that guy it is much more difficult than running alone because a) he does not get along with other dogs and b) he likes to pull. I'm not talented enough to look after these things and work on my technique so we don't run together as much as I'd like.


On to the recipe. I love brownies, but what I love even more is brownies with lots of extras in them. So I decided to take the extras I love and mix them together to make a I-can-maybe-convince-myself-it's-healthy snack. I mean walnut pieces (healthy) + dried cranberries (mostly healthy) + vegan chocolate chips (humm, not so healthy) evens out as a healthy snack, right?


It also makes a superb topping for rice milk ice cream!



Caroline's Brownie GORP

1 cup dried cranberries (chopped if large)
1 cup walnut pieces
3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

Put all ingredients in a bag, leave the air in, and shake to mix.
Enjoy by the handful or put on all sorts of goodies. Bonus- you have premixed awesome for your next batch of brownies.

Of course I had some helpers when I was taking the pictures.
Food at nose height? Yeah, we'll help!

No comments:

Post a Comment