Sunday, June 2, 2013

Home for the summer

Well I'm home for the summer and still processing, or not processing, the past year. So much has happened I'm completely overwhelmed every time I try to think about it. All that really comes to mind is this empty panicky feeling of having way to much to do, no time to do it in, and no idea what was coming next. Hopefully at least the last one will disappear next year.

Speaking of next year here are some pictures of where I'll be living next year with 14 other wonderful girls. It definitely beats living in the dorms and better yet I'll be able to cook for myself! Sure, that will take more of the time I don't have, but at least I'll be in control of what I'm eating and by extention my health. I will also have a living room which hopefully will make homework easier next year since I prefer to do my homework on couches rather than desks.
The outside of the house
A terrible picture of the bunny that lives in the house who was admittedly a major selling point
The dining room

The kitchen!!!

The FULL spice cabinet in the kitchen
My room next year
Details of my room next year


The walk in closet with a sense of humor

The view which is what sold me on this room
I was reading an article the other day about happiness and how mostly it stems from control. If you feel like you're in control for the most part you're happier. That let me to thinking about how out of control, or at least my control, my life felt last year. I had school telling me what, where, and when I could eat (that lead to a whole lot of running around and interrupted studying let me tell you! And we won't even talk about the gluten and dairy thing.), school told me what classes to take, and where to live. Then there was my social life- I joined a fraternity my first semester and pledging is all about being told what to do, then this first year I felt like I couldn't say no to anything because I didn't know if I would ever be able to do it again or if it was something I would enjoy even if it didn't sound like it. So, essentially I felt I was being told what to do all the time- not much control there. But there is a bright side to all since things should be getting better from now on, I chose where I'm living next year, I'm choosing what I eat, I won't have to be running around quite so much, I'm not pledging anymore and have seen pledging from the side of an active all the way through now so I don't feel obligated to be there for that as much, and hopefully I'm learning to say no. Maybe if I keep repeating all this to myself I'll actually start to trust myself on this.

Next up, a recap of race #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment