Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A little vacation for both of us

For the next couple of days Valkyrie and I are taking a little vacation from each other. I'm dog sitting for a friend and V is on a puppysit. I think this break is going to be really good for us, she's been driving me crazy and being somewhat naughty all the time, racing around the house with her doggy siblings (and literally ricocheting off the walls), and eating things in the yard, pulling on lead, exc., and it's mostly my fault. Let me explain, last term was really hard for me I was doing transfer applications, taking over a full load of classes, and afraid I was going to fail two of them (the teachers of those classes were competing to be ranked first on my worst teachers I've ever had list) so I didn't have a lot of energy or patients left for training Valkyrie or the other dogs for that matter. This break has given me time to step back and see how much of the naughtiness is from me not teaching her that what she doing is unacceptable. So Thursday night we'll both come home with fresh ideas and more enthusiasm.

I was hoping this would become a super guide dogs only blog, but that's not working out the way I'd planned, I'm not keeping up with my other blog, so this is going to become a mostly guide dogs blog with cooking and running thrown in. The only way I'm going to keep this blog somewhat up to date is if it's a eclectic as I am. I will however try and make it clear which posts are which so anyone who wants to follow just guide dogs, or gerd, or whatever can do so without a lot of hassle. If you have an opinion on this please leave me a comment and I'll be delighted to read it.

Here are a couple of pictures of my adorable little charges.
L a mini Australian Shepherd

And G a gorgeous red Cocker Spaniel

G again modeling the spaniel eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment