Friday, March 30, 2012

Cooking: Vegetable Macaroni and Cheese


I've been trying to eat at least one vegetable with every meal while I've been dogsitting, and I've mostly managed it if you count canned artichoke hearts as a vegetable which I kind of do and kind of don't.

Last night was the perfect time to make this as it was pouring rain. I thought I was going to have to remind God that he promised not to flood the world again. It was that wet. And on nights like those it's time to huddle inside with a nice bowl of comfort food.

16 oz Brocoli frozen
16 oz Dry Brown Rice Pasta (or whatever pasta you like, I just happened to have this on hand)
About 1 and 1/2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Medium Red Bell Pepper

Bring a small pot of water to a boil and reheat the broccoli for 10 minutes, then drain.

Cook pasta according to directions, then also drain.

While the pasta is cooking dice the bell pepper and grate the cheese.

When all the ingredient as ready layer the vegetables, pasta, and cheese either in a bowl or the pot you used to cook the pasta. Note the cheese only melts if your pasta or mixing container is hot so mix everything right away.

Stir until everything is mixed together and coated in cheese.

Enjoy!

(Adapted from Cate's World Kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment