Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Valkyrie is driving me crazy!

Valkyrie has been biting and garbage mouthing (eating things off the ground) so much recently! People keep telling me "She's a puppy. All puppies bite." I know all puppies bite, but she wasn't this bad a week ago! She used to try and eat every other thing she saw, now it's everything that she knows exists whether she's seen it or not. And the biting is getting ridiculous, almost anytime your skin is within reach it is being bitten. I don't think the biting is malicious in any way, it seems more like she's mistaking your hands (and feet, and cloths, and arms, exc.) for toys.
The first thought that came to mind was that she was teething, but her gums aren't swollen and she's still a bit young. My only other idea is that school started on Monday (although she started acting up a few days before that) and she's having a hard time with people coming and going all the time.

On the up side Valkyrie is AMAZING on outings! I'm shocked by how well she's doing. Last night she walked all the way through the pharmacy, across the parking lot, and all but the last 15 feet or so in the grocery store! Then she went and walked through the library. She has a jaunty little walk that she does in stores like she owns the place. It's very cute.
I haven't seen her be frightened of anything yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment