Saturday, May 21, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

     So I know I've said it a million times, but I've been really busy recently. As a student this is going to be a recurring theme, particularly around midterms and finals. Well finals week is in two weeks so the circus has begun. It actually began last week, but that's beside the point. I have three more exams between now and June 7th. My Spanish and Cell Bio classes are different than any other class I've taken thus far because they both have three exams in a term instead of two.
     Next Thursday I finally have an appointment that will help make a definite diagnosis of GERD. The procedure is called an Endoscopy also called and EGD. They put a flexible tube with a camera on it down my throat and look at my esophagus and maybe stomach and duodenum. As far as I know they're looking for signs of damage in my esophagus from stomach acid refluxing. Sounds fun right? I'm glad that I'll be half way sedated. I have two problems with this procedure besides the obvious, the obvious being that there will be a tube down my throat. One; Half the time this test in inconclusive. Even if there are no signs of damage in the esophagus doesn't mean that the patient doesn't have GERD. Two; it's so counter intuitive that I have to damage my esophagus more to find out whether I'm damaging my esophagus.
In Puppy News:
Kelsa won't be going anywhere for the next three weeks because she's on 'house arrest', that's what I call it,  because she had an accident on a walk no more than 5 minutes after going in the yard. My friend Jill and I are going to do a puppy swap not next week, but the week after. So Kelsa can go drive her dogs crazy and I get her perfect puppy. I am definitely getting the better end of the deal.

P.S. I probably won't post again until school gets out.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your exams and with your medical exam too.

    Best wishes
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete