Tuesday, January 25, 2011

food and my boy playing

Mmm, Smoothie
Peach Kefir Smoothie: I call this a smoothie even though its really just peach kefir, because it's refreshing like a smoothie. The kefir has just enough tang to be refreshing while the peaches don't bombard you with sweetness. All my measurements are rough because I just eyeball it. If it tastes good then you've done it right.
About 8 ounces Helios Vanilla Kefir
About 1 ounce Pureed tinned Peaches
Stir the two together and enjoy.




Heres the main event gastronomically speaking; Greek Quinoa Salad.
I can't take full credit for this as a friend introduced me to the recipe but I did tweak it a bit by adding tomatoes instead of red pepper and using sheep's milk feta. Once again all the measurements are approximate because I don't actually measure.
A cup of quinoa made with chicken broth instead of water
6 kalamata olives
2 cherry tomatos
2 tablespoons sheep's milk feta

In Doggie News Today:
Tisha arrives in 25 days
Tazzi took advantage of the sunnier days to get me to pull out the frisbee. He loves frisbees which is funny because it took him forever to figure out how to pick them up.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment